This article is to explain how to setup a training plan on Training Peaks from your desktop, you can follow the guide below once you have a subscription to TrainingPeaks, and have purchased a workout plan.
What Is TrainingPeaks?
If you don’t know already, TrainingPeaks is software that provides the complete solution for smart and effective endurance training, and is suitable for both Athletes and Coaches. It is what I use for planning my Ironman Training and workouts, as a plan slots right in and gives you daily calendar info on what training you have scheduled, and it even syncs with your Google Calendar and can send daily reminders to keep you on track.
Who Uses TrainingPeaks?
TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, and age group athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
How Much Does It Cost?
They offer a free plan, plus a paid for premium plan, details of what each plan includes can be found on their website here https://www.trainingpeaks.com/pricing/
I went for a Premium Plan, but I believe if you purchase a training plan it can also be used on the Free Plan.
How Do I Get A Training Plan On Training Peaks?
There is a wide variety of training plans to choose from, suitable for Triathlon, Cycling, Running, Swimming, Duathlon plus more. Check out the details on their website here https://www.trainingpeaks.com/training-plans
Once you have a account on TrainingPeaks, head over to the store and find one that suits your budget, workout goals and discipline.
The rest of this article assumes you already have a TrainingPeaks subscription, and have purchased a plan but are unsure what to do next. Once you know the steps, it should take you no more than a couple of minutes to apply your newly purchased plan.
How To Apply A Training Plan To TrainingPeaks
1. Log into your TrainingPeaks account, you should end up on the account Home Screen, which should look something like this:
2. Click on the Calendar button in the menu at the top, you should see a page like this:
3. Click on the Training Plan Library icon, which is on the left hand side of your screen, shown below in the red box:
4. You will now be on the Training Plan Library, where you can select your plan in the left hand side column, all of your purchased plans will be in the area highlighted by the red box:
5. Click on the plan and you will see a pop out displayed, where it gives you a summary of the selected plan. Choose to apply it, and from what date, in the area highlighted by the red box:
Finished – and thats it, you will now see your training schedule in your calendar view, which will also sync to your mobile devices should you have the TrainingPeaks app installed: